October 17th to October 28th
2016 Fall Pledge Drive Presentation
The Barnum PTO exists to enhance your child’s education by funding programs and services not fully supported financially by the Barnum Public School System. The Barnum PTO relies on your generous donations to fund many of our programs and services. We can't thank you enough for supporting the Barnum PTO. Pledge Drive Packets will be sent home with students on Monday, October 17th.
Pledge Drive Goal
Our fundraising goal for the 2016 Fall Pledge Drive is to raise $40 per student for a total of $16,560. We understand that not all families, especially those with multiple students, are able to meet this goal but please know that every gift, no matter the size, is appreciated and makes a real difference in the lives of our students.
Why a Pledge Drive Instead of a Traditional Product-Sale Fundraiser?
- Increased Financial Return – The Barnum PTO will receive 100% of every dollar you donate in a Pledge Drive. In our traditional Fall Catalog Sales Fundraisers, selling food items, gift wrap, magazines, etc., the Barnum PTO received only about 50% of the money you spent on products.
- Minimal Overhead and Volunteer Time – Many types of fundraisers require a lot of overhead and volunteers to make happen. Implementing a Pledge Drive versus other resource-intensive fundraisers will allow us to spend our time and limited resources on services and activities that will benefit our kids and families instead of on fundraising.
- Less Pressure – Barnum students and parents will not have to sell products to neighbors, friends, or coworkers that, however useful, are only purchased to help the school. Parents will not have to make a special trip to pick up orders and then take time to distribute them. Small donations from parents, neighbors, friends and coworkers will allow students to quickly reach their goal.
- Tax Benefits – All donations are tax-deductible.
- Company Match for Charitable Contributions – A pledge drive allows us the opportunity to receive additional funds through employer gift matching programs.
Why is participating so important?
The enrichment programs, services and activities we make possible are not funded by the State of Minnesota, the Barnum Public School system, or property taxes. If the PTO does not raise funds, we will not be able to continue to provide and support all of the activities that we currently have scheduled.
We are excited about our 2016-17 school year and your participation in the Barnum PTO Fall Pledge Drive. If you have any questions please contact Joanna Charboneau at email@example.com or 218-389-8010. Thank you for your generous support!