Why join the PTO?
- Show your child you care about their school life.
- Have a voice in bringing new activities and opportunities to all students.
- Meet other parents with similar interests.
- Get to know teachers, staff, and administrators outside of the classroom.
- Be a part of where your child spends most of his or her day.
- Support our students and teachers.
How to become a member
- Fill out the Barnum PTO Membership Form and email the form to email@example.com.
- Choose one of the following methods for becoming a PTO member:
- Pay the $5 yearly membership fee.
- Volunteer 5 hours at any PTO sponsored activity or event.
- Attend 3 monthly PTO meetings.
Being a member of the Barnum PTO is not just about coming to meetings or always having to volunteer. Your membership says that you support what we’re doing in our schools even if you’re not able to help with our efforts. It means you say “yes!” to Harvest Fest, Read Across America, All Arts Day, Artist in Residence, Classroom Support, Field Trips. By becoming a member, you may vote on issues that come up at our meetings and your name on our member roster repays all our volunteers ten times over by showing your support!
Barnum PTO values your time and we always strive to keep our meetings to under an hour in duration. We also provide FREE child care so you don’t have to scramble to find a babysitter – just bring the kids along!
The Barnum PTO reflects the strong commitment our community holds for our schools. Because of this support from parents, community members and our school staff and administration, we are able to bring new opportunities and advantages to our students and district.
NONE OF THIS CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT YOU!
None of these events plan themselves. Without the energy and support of parents like you who are willing to give of your time and talents, PTO would cease to exist, and with it, all the benefits it provides to our school, students and teachers.
Meetings are typically held the first Monday of each month that school is in session at 6:00 p.m. in the Barnum Elementary School library. Check out the Upcoming Events section for the date and time of the next meeting. FREE CHILD CARE IS PROVIDED, so bring the kids along!