The Barnum PTO reflects the strong commitment our community holds for our schools. Because of this support from our parents, community members, school staff and administration, we are able to bring new opportunities and advantages to our students and district. Many of the fun activities that your children enjoy are sponsored, in whole or in part, by the Barnum PTO.
PTO is not just an elementary program, but rather supports all Barnum students and activities. Even if your child/children are already in high school, PTO welcomes your membership!
While the primary mission of PTO is to provide fun, educational opportunities for our students, another benefit that comes from joining the PTO is the fun and friendship that you, as a member, will find. Being a member and volunteering is a great way to have fun and to collaborate and interact with fellow parents, contribute your ideas, and make new friends.
Purpose of the PTO:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental and social education.