October 8th – October 22nd
Thank you for joining us in the 2018 Fall Pledge Drive! The Barnum PTO exists to enhance your child’s education by funding programs and services not fully supported financially by the Barnum Public School System. The Barnum PTO relies on your generous donations to fund many of our programs and services. We can’t thank you enough for supporting the Barnum PTO.
Pledge Drive Goal
Our fundraising goal for the 2018 Fall Pledge Drive is to raise $30 per student for a total of $11,000. We understand that not all families, especially those with multiple students, are able to meet this goal, but please know that every gift, no matter the size, is appreciated and makes a real difference in the lives of our students.
Why a Pledge Drive Instead of a Traditional Product-Sale Fundraiser?
- Increased Financial Return – The Barnum PTO will receive 100% of every dollar donated in a pledge drive. In our prior Fall Catalog Sales Fundraiser, selling food items, gift wrap, magazines, etc., the Barnum PTO received only about 50% of the money spent on products.
- Minimal Overhead and Volunteer Time – Many types of fundraisers require a lot of overhead and volunteers to make happen. Implementing a pledge drive versus other resource-intensive fundraisers allows us to spend our time and limited resources on services and activities that will benefit our kids and families instead of on fundraising.
- Less Pressure – Barnum students and parents will not have to sell products to family, friends, and neighbors that, however useful, are only purchased to help the school. Parents will not have to make a special trip to pick up orders and then take time to distribute them. Small donations from parents, family, friends, and neighbors will allow students to quickly reach or exceed their goal.
- Tax Benefits – All donations are tax-deductible.
- Company Match for Charitable Contributions – A pledge drive allows us the opportunity to receive additional funds through employer gift matching programs.
Why is participating so important?
The enrichment programs, services and activities we make possible are not funded by the State of Minnesota, the Barnum Public School System, or property taxes. If the PTO does not raise funds, we will not be able to continue to provide and support all of the activities that we currently have scheduled.
We are excited about our 2018-19 school year and your participation in the Barnum PTO Fall Pledge Drive. For more information please visit our website at barnumpto.org. If you have any questions please contact Joanna Charboneau at email@example.com or 218-389-8010. Thank you for your generous support!